Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

ScrapAttack Birthday Bash!

Well Adrienne was talking about some of the great things she has gotten and done over at ScrapAttackScrapbooking so I have decided to join their group. They have an online store, message board, lots of challenges, blog, and a creative gallery. They offer alot over there. Well right now they are celebrating their 5th birthday with a huge event. They are doing challenges, games, and all sorts. The ladies have been really nice over there. So I have been playing "I spy" which has helped me navigate my way thru their store. I actually won a round! I'm not sure what I won but it was exciting just to play.

Time for challenges....I wasn't able to participate in Challenge #1 because it closed Friday and I wasn't a member til Saturday. That's ok cause there are plenty more to play along with. Well I finished Challenge #2 last nite. It was a dousy (so don't think I spelled that right).

The Challenge:
Here's a party cake to inspire you! I want to see projects inspired by this cake. You can take inspiration from the colours (remind you of any {SAS}sy colours?) or the patterns, or the shape - however it inspires you. Just please tell us what about the photo inspired your project!

My Page:


Close Ups:


Supplies:
Basic Grey Green at Heart paper
American Craft Thickers pink chit chat, leaf by the yard
Brown chalk

Inspiration:
This cake inspired me to do a page on my oldest daughter's favorite toy! Her godmother gave her this rocking horse and decorated it for her. The bow and stripes reminded me of the design on her horse. I also used paper that resembled the cake. I pick circles, butterflies (look like the bow), and bubbly thickers similar to the balls throughout the cake. I really like the way this page turned out and I hope y'all enjoy it just as much.




No comments: