Wednesday, January 12, 2011
My dad......
I have lots of new pages I want to share with all of you! I have every intention of taking close-ups of them. I just haven't had the time lately. My girls and I have been staying at the hospital since Saturday nite! It's exhausting. My dad has terminal cancer. It is very hard seeing him go thru all of this. They did a tracheotomy and moved him up to the pallaitive care floor. He is in good hands, but it is like hospice for the hospital. They are here to make him comfortable. If my stepmom and I can agree on a hospice care company then we can probably get him home soon, but she is a horrible decision maker. But anyways......my dad is doing as good as to be expected. It's just hard having to deal with taking care of him and 2 girls (4 & 7) with very little help. My stepmom doesn't stay up here long and my sis seems to not care. She hardly checks up on him and I finally got her to sit with him today and all she did was complain. Why can't people be grateful for what they already have? When will the world stop having such selfish people? A short word of advice.....Spend as much time as you can with your loved ones and cherish every moment with them! You never know what might happen the next day.... just some advice I have learned over these past few days. Scrapbooking has become a wonderful way for people to perserve the most cherishable moments. Even if you have no pics at least journaling about it can help. Thanks so much for following and I hope to get some new pages up by this weekend for y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, stay strong! I will keep you all in my prayers.
--Sherrie
it is truly a painful journey taking care of a loved one. espec one with a terminal illness. I know all about feeding tubes and trachs from my son and my dad so..just remember to try and get some rest yourself, keep a daily journal and scrapbook when you can...it is VERY therapeutic. I started scrapbooking months after my son got out of the hospital and wished I had known about it the whole year he was sick. Take care!! Sending prayers and hugs for you both.
Katherine (True XOXO pal)
Post a Comment